Saturday, July 31, 2010

PB Day 27 - For the Curtain Climbers

Today is Saturday. AKA Cleaning Day. Yuck.

My husband was cleaning the cabinet and noticed that we had 4 different kinds of cereal in the boxes, each of which was about 1/4 full. We dumped them into a container...
Husband: How did we get so much cereal?

Me: It was on sale and I mistakenly thought they would eat it.

So I decided that some cereal treats are in order.

Dude, I haven't made these since I was 9. My mother made them in a heart shaped pan for all my teachers at Valentine's day. She put red hots in them. It was 1979, don't judge.

3 tbsp butter, 1 7oz container of marshmallow creme.

Microwave it.
Action shot of my lovely assistant Joey. Amy, you're not getting any better that camera.

I decided to throw in some hazelnut spread with the peanut butter...doesn't that sound good?

I'm pretty sure if you spread the hazelnut spread on a tire, I would eat it.

After the marshmallow creme and butter are melted, stir in 1/4 cup each of peanut butter and hazelnut spread.
Then stir in 6 cups of cereal. I just mixed it in the pan.

You have to keep stirring to coat every piece...
Ugh, this looks good.
If I made this again, I would 1/2 again the recipe...like 1.5 the recipe...Whatever, it needs more gooey. My husband agreed (talking with his mouthful).

Peanut Butter Hazelnut Cereal Bars
Adapted from a recipe found at ricecrispies.com

3 tbsp butter or margarine
1 70z container marshmallow cream (you can use 1 10oz pkg of large marshmallows or 4 cups of miniature marshmallows)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup hazelnut spread
6 cups cereal

Melt butter and marshmallow creme in microwave for 3 minutes, stirring after 2. Mix in peanut butter and hazelnut spread, stir until smooth. Mix in cereal, stirring to coat. Press into greased 9x13 pan, cool. Cut into squares.

The recipe says "best if served the same day". Hey, I got no trouble with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment