Saturday, July 17, 2010

PB Day 13 - Swirl, Swirl, Swirl

Let it be known: After 13 days of Peanut Butter Recipes, we have officially demolished a 6 pound can of peanut butter. Yeah, I totally wish I was kidding.

I have been called a lot of things, but "girly girl" has never been one of them...

I always liked sports, drinking lots of beer, running around in jeans and flip flops. I bite my nails and don't like anyone touching my feet, I spill things on my shirts, and I don't like the feel of makeup on my face, and I am consistently seen wearing a St. Louis Cardinals baseball cap...

All this being said, I sometimes like swirls in my food.

I'll swirl a little sour cream in my chili, I like to swirl caramel and chocolate together on top of my brownies, I like to swirl my ice cream and cake together at birthday parties...

So let's make swirl cookies today. And maybe I'll do my hair instead of putting on a baseball cap.


Start with 1 cup butter or margarine, 4 oz cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1 tsp vanilla...

Mix that with 4 cups of flour...


Mix together, wrap in plastic and refrigerate.

Meanwhile, melt together 1 cup of chocolate chips and 4 oz of cream cheese...
Wait...Hey Amy? Did you finally clean the lollipop smudges off the lens or did you get a new camera?

Dude, I totally got a new camera. I love it, but stop interrupting me!

Then add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar...

Let it cool.

Take out your dough and divide in half...

Roll it out...the recipe gave dimensions, but I just roll until it seems even...

Cover with 1/2 of the chocolate and cream cheese mixture...

Roll, roll, roll...I used a bench scraper to assist, the chocolate mixture wasn't fully cooled and melted the dough a little...

Wrap up the roll and freeze...for a while...I was in a hurry...

So mine aren't cutting too cleanly...slice...these are 1/4" or so?

Then bake in 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes...mine took more like 15

Aren't they pretty?

I seriously want to put on a dress before I eat these...

Make sure you freeze them well before cutting...I was in a hurry so some of mine are a little raunchy...

See how easy it is to add a little swirl to your life?

You make these...here's the recipe

Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies
Adapted from a recipe found at Taste of Home

For the cookie:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup peanut butter
4 cups flour

Filling:
1 cup chocolate chips
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Cream together butter, sugar, cream cheese, add the egg and peanut butter, mix until combined.
Add the flour, mix until just combined. Cover with plastic and refrigerate.

Melt together chocolate chips and cream cheese, add powdered sugar.

Divide the refrigerated dough in half, roll half out onto floured surface. Spread half of chocolate cream cheese mixture over dough, roll-up jelly roll style. Repeat with second half of dough.
Wrap both logs in plastic wrap and freeze 4 hours.

Preheat oven to 375. Slice logs to 1/4" slices and bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Cool and enjoy.
And eat while wearing makeup to get the full effect.

1 comment:

  1. So did you decide to do your hair????????? Or did you go with the baseball cap?? LOL
    Ohh and these look yummy! OMG everything you make looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete