Thursday, July 22, 2010

PB Day 18 - It's hot up in here.

I don't know where you are in this universe...but where I am, it's freakin' hot.

I decided to throw my diet out the window and make myself a big fat milkshake to put in my big fat belly before I take a big fat rest.


So I made this:Looks yummy, right? Wanna know what's in it? Okay...promise you'll stay with me...

Why, Amy? What's in it?
Just stay with me, Dude...

Take a large plastic cup...
Go Cardinals!

Oh yes...Go Cardinals.

Fill about half way with ice cream...I used Vanilla, but chocolate, butter pecan...any of those would be good...


Add about 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Just a big spoonful...

Oh, come on Amy...just a peanut butter milkshake? Geeze, saw THAT one coming. It was riding a horse and carrying a neon sign that said, "Peanut butter milkshake, on it's way!"...

Wow, E-E-E-E-EEEZEEE...and it's not a peanut butter milkshake. Well, not JUST a peanut butter milkshake. I said to stay with me...

Hey, where's the fabulous blender from day 1?

Dude, I burnt it up making peanut butter. We'll just do this the old-fashioned way (aka the awesome way)...

Okay, add a splash of milk...

Stir, stir, stir...

This would be more exciting if you hadn'ta broke your dang blender...

Shut up and let me stir...


Yawn...geeze, Amy. Boooooooring!!!

Ok, here's where it gets good...

Are you with me?
YES! Get on with it...

Okay. First of all, I worked midnight shift last night. I a lot of time to think. And think. And think. I started thinking about all the bizarre food combinations there are in this world that are completely normal to me.

Like, say...Bleu cheese and gingersnaps. Or, beer and tomato juice. Or, peanuts and Coke.

Shut UP! You're going to put...

Yup.
Just like a Coke float, it fizzes up...just scrape it off and add more coke.

Stir it up and it looks like this...
Pour it into nice glasses...
Oooo, look! I had redi-whip in the fridge...
Oh, snap! I even had some cherries.
If you're cringing, you gotta trust me. It's awesome. It's sweet, kinda salty...it's making me smile. A lot.

Peanut Butter Coke Milkshakes

Ice cream
Peanut Butter
Milk
Coke
whipped topping
maraschino cherries

Scoop some ice cream in to a glass or blender. Add peanut butter mix until combined. Add milk to thin the texture a little. Pour in Coke, a little at a time, skimming off foam as necessary. Mix all together, pour into glasses and top with whipped topping and cherry. Serve immediately.

Can we get another money shot?
Oh yeah, baby. That. Is. Money.

I drank both of those while writing this. And that, my friends, was my breakfast, lunch and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment