Thursday, July 15, 2010

PB Day 11 - Let's Beat Something

I woke up this morning to the following:

My grass needs cut, we just mowed Sunday...
My mower: No workie...
The boys pool is officially shut down for the season...

My car, she is broken...
It's 6:23 in the morning, and already 80 degrees...
I had the overwhelming urge to beat something into submission...

So I chose Oreos...

Here's what 1 package of now-submissive Oreos looks like...

Hey, Amy, are they Double Stuf?

Umm...well, DUH!

Ok, Oreos, what should we do now?
What if I mixed you with 1/2 cup of peanut butter

And then scooped you into balls...
Then stuck you with a stick and threw you in the freezer?


You would like that, wouldn't you? I'm going to call you Mr. I-Like-It-When-Amy-Beats-Me-Scoops-Me-Into-Balls-Then-Freezes-Me Oreo.

Let's melt something too, this will save us from turn on the oven in this freakin' heat.

3 home made double boilers...One dark chocolate, one white melting chocolate, one white melting chocolate mixed with peanut butter.
Do you like where this is going? Me, too.

I left them in the freezer for about 1 1/2 hrs. They were hard...

Then I dipped.
I'm not gonna get all "Smoke and Mirrors" on ya...I had some troubles...

I established that I'm a candy making slob in a earlier post...today was no exception.

I had particular trouble with the peanut butter...

But I got some nice ones out of it...
I really like the tri-color ones...

You can make some, too!

Oreo Truffles with Peanut Butter

1 Package of Oreos
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
6 blocks white almond bark
2 tbsp shortening
1 tbsp peanut butter

Crush Oreos in a plastic zip bag or with food processor. Mix with 1/2 cup peanut butter. Scoop into balls, push a lollipop stick into each then freeze for at least 1 1/2 hrs.
Place the dark chocolate, and 3 blocks of almond bark, and remaining almond bark in 3 separate double boilers. Add 1 tbsp of shortening to the dark chocolate, 1 tbsp of shortening to one of the almond barks, and 1 tbsp of peanut butter to the remaining almond bark.

Remove the truffles from the freezer, dip into chocolate as desired and place on wax paper to cool.

These are yummy...I had one with coffee (okay, I had two). You make some and send me pictures. Yours will be prettier than mine, I guarantee it!

No comments:

Post a Comment