Tuesday, August 10, 2010

S'mores Fudgsicles to cure Hot Hair

This morning we walked across the street to my mom and dad’s house.

“Mommy? My hair is hot,” said DJ.

“Mine too, Darlin’. Mine, too,”

Since we all have hot hair, I suppose that it would be nice to make something cold, right?

And it would be even nicer if I made something that the kids woul…hang on a second.

I gotta give one of these to Joey before has the big freak out on me.

I’d say he likes them…In Joey’s defense, he’s been watching me screw around with these since 7am this morning. He’s ready to eat one, by gosh!

Okay, like I was saying, it would be nice if I made something for the kids.

Aaaaand, to top it all off: It’s National S’Mores Day! Once again, these holidays creep up on me! Y’all, my Happy National S’Mores Day cards are in the mail, I swear!

Anyone have any idea why they picked August for S’mores day? Sept or Oct seems a little more appropriate. But, who am I to question the National S’Mores…uh, dudes, I guess.

So let’s go. We’re going to make Triple Layer Fudgesicles. Chocolate, Marshmallow, and Graham Cracker. Pretty brilliant, right?

Fudgesicles are super easy to make. Milk (any fat level you desire), Sugar, Corn Syrup (lots of recipes used Agave Nectar), Vanilla, cocoa powder…

Put that stuff in a saucepan and heat until cocoa powder and sugar are dissolved.

Meanwhile, if you have those fancy popsicle molds, use those. I don’t, so I’m using bathroom cups…


And I found some random sticks in my drawer…lollipop sticks, caramel apple sticks, and straws. At this point, I’m not sure how many this recipe will make, so I’ll just have it all out in case I need it.

Now pour the cocoa mixture into the cups. About 1/3 full…

Oh, yeah. I put it in a pouring container. It’s hard to pour from a hot pan. Duh, Amy.


Now we can pour it…


Yeah, I’m a slob.

Stick in the freezer for about an hour.

Next we move onto the marshmallow layer.

Same concept with ingredients…


That’s marshmallow fluff instead of cocoa powder.

Same concept…heat in a saucepan until sugar dissolves…pour on top of the chocolate layer:


Those lighter ones are foamy. I stirred too hard…

I decided at this point to add the sticks. I don’t really know why, I just did it.


These are going to be awesome…Back to the freezer for another hour.

Now the graham cracker layer…

Again, same concept.


Suddenly, DJ was super-interested in what I was doing…he helped me carry the ingredients. Then knocked my table and spilled some milk. Oh, well. We’re taught not to cry over that, aren’t we.

Again, heat till dissolved. Yeah, you got this.


Back to the freezer. It’s embarrassing that I spilled so much. They’ll never let me on Food Network Challenge with pics like this.

2 hours back in the freezer, or until they’re hard.

Let’s peel one back and have a peek…


Oh, man…these are better than I expected…

Holy Crap!


Yeah, baby…just like I wanted.

See the layers…?


Most definitely worth the wait…Right Joey?


Wanna make some? Sure, ya do.

S’Mores Fudgesicles.

Adapted from a recipe found on Baking Bites (one of the best food blogs out there, I’m not just saying that!)

3 cup milks (any fat level), divided

1 1/2 cup sugar, divided

3 tsp vanilla, divided

3 tbsp corn syrup (or agave nectar), divided

1/4 cup cocoa

1/4 cup marshmallow fluff

1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs

for the Chocolate layer: Heat 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tbsp corn syrup, 1/4 cup cocoa until sugar and cocoa are dissolved. Pour into popsicle molds or mini cups, about 1/3 full. Freeze for 1 hour.

For the Marshmallow layer: Heat 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tbsp corn syrup, 1/4 cup marshmallow fluff until the sugar is dissolved. Pour into molds over the chocolate layer until the molds are 2/3 full. Freeze for 1 hour.

For the Graham Cracker layer: Heat 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tbsp corn syrup, 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs until sugar is dissolved. Pour into molds over the marshmallow layer until the molds are full. Freeze another 2 hours or until firm

Enjoy, and enjoy quickly…in this heat, they melt fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment