Thursday, November 26, 2009

Oh, Fudge!

Only I didn't say "Fudge"...

A customer ordered two pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving...this was one of them. Gorgeous pies, I was so proud of them. It was in the box, ready for pickup, then dummy me decides to chop chocolate on the table. Pie, I'd like you to meet Floor. Floor, this is your new friend Pie.

Things like this happen to me all the time. While getting prepped for my wedding, I shaved off an eyebrow.

Luckily, I've grown accustom to my klutzy side and take these things in stride. I looked at the pie, decided there was no saving it, and started in on another one. The customer called 20 minutes later, I told her the story, she laughed and offered to bring me a bottle of wine.



I made a new pie, and luckily, it was as beautiful as the original.


I should also note this...I love pumpkin. It's something I craved when pregnant with my oldest son, and it has stuck with me. Pumpkin whoopie pies, pumpkin cake roll, pumpkin cheese balls...I look forward to September/October/November just for the pumpkin flavors. The tragedy of losing a pie is one thing, but a pumpkin pie makes it three times worse for me.
Since the actual pie didn't hit the floor, I was thinking about turning it into a southern trifle for Thanksgiving dinner...We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment