Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My First Big Wedding Cake

I stressed over this cake. I cried over this cake. I lost sleep over this cake. I had to remind my self to breathe over this cake. My first big wedding cake: the next one will be easier. Right? Won't it? Say it will be easier!!!

This is 3 tiers of red velvet cake, cream cheese frosting, and gumpaste accents. Serves 40? I can't ever figure servings; what I consider a serving is about 1/4 of what Mr. Wilton considers a serving. So it probably serves like 300 according to the baking industry.

I haven't heard from the bride, so I'm still a little stressed about it. I just hope it stayed intact until the cutting and pictures were over.

All in all, I think it came out well. Hopefully, it will lead to many more wedding cakes in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment